Friday, December 12, 2003

"Completely expecting another crappy band, I was so pleasantly surprised when the Swedish new-wave sensations, the Sounds, came on. Despite my initial confusion over the gender of the lead singer (I know, but it could have been a guy in drag), I was completely swept away with dance fever. The entire crowd moved as the band just oozed sex. By the time Jesper Anderberg took off his shirt, the entire crowd became infatuated in some way or form. I had a great time dancing to all their hits off Living in America, including “Seven Days a Week,” “Dance With Me” and “S.O.U.N.D.S.” Having enough indie-cred to be featured in Venus but enough pop sensibility to tour with Rooney, they surely will at least give Hot Hot Heat a run for their money. Highly recommended live (the album’s good, too).
Grade: A"- indie-snob.diaryland.com/rooney.html

interesting. i hope the sounds visit nyc soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home