Sunday, August 15, 2004

i was waiting for the M16 after my piano lesson when i got bored and spontaneously decided to call the FOB number pete posted on the tour journal. i expected some voicemail thing to start like it did yesterday. instead, i got this after two rings:

voice: fall out boy hotline...!
me: (cautious pause) hey... is this pete? (it sounded like him)
voice: nope, guess again
me: joe?
voice: guess again.
me: (laughs) haha i dont like this game anymore
voice: (laughs) hold on ive got a call waiting, probably another one of these...

click. hold. hang up a few secs later. so i called back. after one ring:

voice: hey, fall out boy hotline!
me: hey who is this?
voice: its dan!

soo dan and i chatted for like 5 mins about canada, touring, etc.

me: where are the guys?
dan: uhh theyre running around... maybe theyre eating and meeting kids and suff like that.

me: you guys should mock canadians by saying 'eh' after every sentence
dan: haha we did. everything people say about canadians is true, and they do say 'eh ' after EVERYTHING.
me: haha i knew it.
me: how is it up north?
dan: eh....its ok. montreal and toronto were pretty cool i guess
[ramblings by both of us about moose and maple syrup]
dan: are you coming to any of the warped dates?
me: i cant..i live in nyc and u guys are going to buffallo and its like 6 hours away and i have classes...
dan: ugh that sucks
me: my friend tiffany went tho, to the PA warped date, did u see her?
dan: what does she look like?
me: she s kinda short.. hung out with chris the whole day at the merch area...
dan: ohyeah i mightve seen her...
me: my friend and i want to fly out to vancouver to see FOB.
dan: wow really? you mean on the taking back sunday tour?
me: yup
dan: that would be so awesome
me: yeah... cuz if we dont the next time we see fob is in december and thats really far away
dan: it is... it would be really cool to fly out, tho

we sed bye a few mins later. it was lovely. obviously not as great as ppl who spoke to pete and joe or andy or patrick, but still fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home